Thursday, March 14, 2013

STILL too busy this week, but updating you with my thoughts (just as valuable)

So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but I'm finishing university courses online and I'm doing it from home. My major was at one point communications and I was going to do advertising, then PR, and then after taking a year and a half of classes, I realized I really didn't like the courses all that much. I mean, yes, I found it enjoyable. I was very good at media writing (newspaper formats, AP style, news reports, etc.) and I was good at slogan making and churning out ideas. But I didn't feel a spark there, and I knew it was something I could do and learn very quickly and I didn't want to major in it.
I had gone on a study abroad to Paris as well as a study abroad to Vienna and therefore obviously had a passion and deep love of Europe. So I majored in European Studies. Is it helping me get anywhere? Not really. But I learned so much and it made me happy.

Now I'm nearing the end of my studies. As my parents prepare to (maybe) sell our house and as I prepare to finish my courses, I'm facing the terrifying realm of real life.

How do people wade through this? I'm 24 years old and there are people out there who have their lives figured out by now. At least, they knew what they were interested in and what they wanted to do. When I visit various company's websites, I see all these job posting with qualifications I can't meet. Did I go to fashion school?  Nope, so that rules out fashion. Am I a business student? Nope, so that rules out corporate jobs and hotel jobs. Do I have qualifications that really transfer to paper? Nope, I don't. I just have a lot, a lot of passion for things. For people, for travel, for beauty, for photography, for poems, museums, books, cafes, seasons, family-- you get the picture.

I have no idea what jobs there are out there. I don't know where I want to live or move. Basically everything is reaching this apex and sometimes I feel like I'm suffocating.
SO, I haven't been able to blog because I've been watching over my siblings as my mom is away, been moving house, packing & organizing, trying to take quizzes online, and still keep up my diet, exercise, and social life (yeah right).

sigh. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig