Sunday, April 21, 2013

Review: Bite Lipstick in Fig

On Saturday I dragged my friends Antoinette and Caroline to the mall to go shopping for my birthday. Here in Dallas there is a mall called Northpark that has a bunch of fun shopping, but all I seemed to want was beauty goods, so that's what we went after. I picked up some items in Nordstrom's and then moved over to Sephora and Neiman Marcus later where we admired their shoe selection.
In Sephora I found a lipstick company called Bite. From what I can tell they are based out of Canada and natural based. They want the items in the lipsticks to be healthy enough that you can eat them (or ingest them naturally through licking your lips and such) and cause no harm or side effects. I'd seen these items in Sephora in December but I wasn't sold. I decided to give them a try. 

SPOILER: I'm so glad I did. I love that this company strives to have natural ingredients and focuses on one thing... and does it well. Their lipsticks are some of the smoothest and most moisturizing I've ever used. 
They have their colors grouped: Wines, Reds, Pinks, Neutrals, Naturals, Berries (from what I can remember). I would love to see more selection-- I was looking for the perfect nice light peach color and I didn't find one from them but the red they had was perfect and I will be going back to buy that very soon. 
This is what the color looked like with a flash. I'd say in person it isn't that neon or bold of a color but just a pretty everyday kind of a pink. It's definitely creamy, makes your lips feel soft, and has nice color. It doesn't last very long, so if you are looking for a stain or something that will last all day, this wouldn't be the lipstick for you.

Sephora is the only retailer that sells this item. It is priced at $24 dollars, which is about normal. I'm really excited to get more of these lipsticks, they are just such a wonderful texture, consistency, and shade. What lipsticks are you getting into for the spring season? Have you heard of this lipstick or know anything else about it? 

Pros: Great colors
Great texture
Natural ingredients

Cons: Fades quickly
Smells a little odd, but doesn't linger

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig