Monday, March 25, 2013

What I've been Eating a Lot of Lately: Asparagus

Well we're getting back into the delicious fruits and vegetables seasons again and this is one meal I can't stop preparing. I usually eat it with a piece of sourdough bread or maybe a grapefruit or something. Asparagus is so good right now, I urge everyone to go out and taste it while it's super in season!
How I make it:
I start by chopping up plenty of garlic and preheating the oven to around 400 degrees. The more garlic the better! I then wash and cut any veggie that sounds good along with stalks of asparagus. I like the skinnier kind because I find it gets crispy faster and has a nice crunch to it. It's also easier to eat in my opinion. I pour some olive oil on top, put salt and pepper and perhaps other spices generously over the veggies, and then finish by adding some parmesan shavings. I put it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes. It's a really easy lunch and so healthy that you can indulge in a Starbucks or brownie and not feel guilty about it!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig