Thursday, January 31, 2013

Review: MAC Prep + Prime Beauty Balm

So my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer ran out and that's been my go-to tinted moisturizer since I was actually 15. One time I tried a Stila one and it made me break out and I swore I would never betray Laura again.
But here I am, branching out. I decided to try out a BB cream to see if all the hype was worth it. BB = Beauty Balm for anyone who doesn't know. It was brought over after being wildly popular in Asia. It is the predecessor to CC cream which is Color Control if I'm not mistaken. To read more about their introduction into other parts of the world you can read this article.  However, the purpose and function of these are different in the west than in the east. Here it's just a moisturizing slightly more glamorous version of a tinted moisturizer, there it actually whitens the skin.
The one I decided on was MAC BB Tinted Foundation Cream. For some reason, the workers at MAC always seem to have a really hard time matching me with their foundations, nothing is ever light enough, but luckily the BB creams go pretty light. The shade I purchased was "Extra Light"(go figure)
I love how my skin feels when I'm wearing it. I bought it at the MAC store and it was $30.00. They only have three shades, "Extra Light," "Light," and "Light Plus," so if you have dark skin at all, I don't think this would be the product for you.
As far as coverage goes, this is quite sheer, so if you want to hide any really intense blemishes or pigmented areas, I'm not sure this is the product for you. It also doesn't create any kind of dewy/glowy effect. As my skin has (blessedly) been really clear the past few months, I have loved using this product.
My favorite things about it are: it feels light on my skin, you can't tell I'm wearing make-up, the smoothness of my skin after I put it on, and that it has 35 SPF (I'm all for skin protection). 
Just some creepy close ups of my face so you can see how sheer it really is, and how you can't really tell that it's on the skin! 
Would I buy it again? Probably. I want to try out some other products that have been on my list, though I don't know when I'll be needing to buy more because a little goes a long way with this product, which I always like. Ever tried it? 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig