Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Review: Son and Park All That Shimmering Eye Kit

When I was in Seoul visiting my boyfriend last week, I finally purchased a slew of products from a brand I have been extremely interested in: Son and Park. Son Dae-Sik and Park Tae-Yun are two of the most famous make up artists in Korea.

Ever heard of the actress Jeon Ji-Hyun? She is a really famous Korean actress in lots of movies and dramas (including the mega-hit "My Love from the Star." Son is her make-up artist! So obviously these two know a lot about make-up and making women look beautiful.
Photo from Son's personal Instagram
Photo found here
That being said, I think, perhaps they are better make-up artists than product creators? I bought and tested a lot of their products. I loved their packaging-- very minimalist and cute! But the products don't bring much that is new to me. The color cubes for lips were pretty drying for me, and actually, most of the lip products were drying to me. As they are a fledgling company, maybe they will get better over time.

However, today I am not reviewing the brand! Just a product. And I liked this one, even though I don't think it's necessarily anything super special, I find it very convenient.

The Son and Park All That Shimmering Eye Kit is exactly what it says it is. A kit for your eyes! The far right colors, all of the shimmery browns, are to be used on the eyelid or along the lash line. The middle color is actually a highlighter (nifty!) to give your face that glow that all Korean women lust after. The nude color is for the brow bone, to bring everything together, and the far left is a shimmery white that is to be used for the tear duct. As you can see, this is an all-in-one palette.
This is what the swatch looks like without any primer. The brow color basically blended in perfectly with my skin and was impossible to photograph. As you can see, left is highlighter, and the rest are the over all colors.
You can also see the package comes with a little guide letting you know what everything is for. Thanks, Son and Park!

I found this product very easy to use. The colors are pretty pigmented and I think this would be really useful and versatile for a great night out look. You could easily do a great smokey eye with this or make it more simple for daytime. I think the shadow colors would also look really lovely along the lash line to bring some color around your eye that isn't as harsh as a liner.
 See that highlight? That's probably what they are known best for... a beautiful dewy, shining look. I didn't go too strong on the colors because hi, it's 11am and I don't want to go to starbucks in a skirt and tennis shoes with my face ready for a night out. Also, the camera has kind of washed out the boldness of the colors. Grrr... gotta fix these settings.

iPhone pics for good measure. All pictures taken with naturally lighting! (Maybe that's the problem. Perhaps I'll buy some studio lights...)

So what do you think? Do you like Son and Park's products/ Korean beauty? You can buy this kit at:

USA: Sokoglam ($38.00)
South Korea: Olive Young (32,000)

If you're visiting Korea soon, I recommend buying it there and getting the tax refund. So much cheaper!



SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Yes! I can totally see the highlight. What an awesome palette. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeah it's pretty great. I wore it all night tonight!

      Delete
  2. Love this palette! You looks so beautiful!
    Xoxo,
    Love from www.trangscorner.com {a lifestyle, fashion, beauty, and food blog}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I love it a lot. Lasted alllll day :)

      -xx JKJ

      Delete

© Julia Kingsley . All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig